Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Work Visa

Who would have thought getting a work visa would be so complicated...?

Today I went to San Francisco, where I was born and had to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. I guess ever since 911 they're more strict with documents. The lady at customer service said the document was too OLD...ugh and that I'd need to get an updated one! Anyways, I got a new copy, then had to walk across to City Hall, such a beautiful building by the way and get the signature authenticated.

Next, I'll have to go to Sonoma State and pick up my transcripts. Those then have to get notarized by two different people at school. Hopefully I can stop and see the Deshazers while I'm there:)

Finally, I"l have to go to Sacramento to get my credential notarized by two more people...and finally to the Secretary of State building and get them all apostilled. You're probably wondering what the heck does that mean...I was justas confused, but have learned a lot already:) Basically, it's a way for all documents to be legalized in one country to be used in an international country. I guess it used to be much more complicated than it is now...who woulda thought...:) So far it's gone smoothly and I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment